Tuesday 22 March 2016

Money and the Music Industry


“Start out the most popular person in the world, make a lot of money, end up penniless. Huge conspiracy!” – Michael Jackson.

Responsibilities of celebrities with money fame and power 

Tupac attacked a fearful mentality as an excuse for not bothering to progress because people believe the powers that be won’t permit it and that we are powerless. He thought that ‘Illuminati’ was a lie to keep people’s confidence low.

Tupac is asked about the Illuminati in an interview:

“That's why I put the 'k' to it. Like niggas is telling me about this Illuminati shit while I'm in jail right? That's another way to keep your self-esteem down. That's another way to keep you un-confident. And that's why I'm putting the 'k' to it, cause I'm killin' that illuminati shit. If these mutha fuckaz wanted to kill you, why the fuck they gonna tell Farakhan? Why they gonna tell the Nation of Islam. Why they gonna tell this nigga in jail about the plan? How did he know? How'd it leak to him? Who told him? Who told him the pope? Who? Cause they like 'The pope, and the money' C'mon man get the fuck outta here! You're so thinking about the money, you're not getting the muthafuckin money. Get the money, nigga I don't give a fuck who's face is on there as long as when my face put that money out, they accept it. And they do believe me, I've tried it. I tried to see if it was like a white thing. Everywhere I go with money, they let me, everywhere I go with none they don't let you in. Trust me. That's all it is, it's all about money. When you got money you got power. If we unify, I guarantee you if people keep supportin me, just buying my records, just going to my concerts, just supportin me, I'm gonna keep givin money. Like Makaveli, every time it go platinum, I'm putting money up for communities, and it ain't even gonna be out there. And that's real, every time it go platinum, somebody gonna get a big check. That's real. Not for nothing but I really do love muthafuckas for giving me this power. It's within me, but it's like being elected. You know what I mean? I feel like an elected official. Like the position you got, you went through certain amount of channels... I went through all the channels, I paid my dues. I brought my agenda, You know? And people voted for me.”

The Elite Make and Break Artists

"I couldn't care less what's on the record as long as it sells a million." - Arrogant hit-making tyrant Simon Cowell.

 
"He's right when he says, 'They can break you.' They're doing it now to Lindsay Lohan. After the showing up late on the set and all the drug stuff, they ostracised her socially and professionally. She had to sweet talk (so to speak) one producer into letting her into his movie. She's in trouble on her probation now because someone stole her passport in Europe. Etc, etc. If they love you, the system will cut you slack. If not, you get what's Lindsay's getting." (A comment on YouTube).



“Sure, I’m associated with it and they’re my companies but it’s not me as an artist. So, while all that’s going on next year, I’ll be in the studio, recording music. You know what determines whether you stay or go as an entertainer? How well you’re prepared to entertain. That’s it, bottom line. Over-saturation is something that should be considered for artists who can’t recreate themselves. What people aren’t used to is having an artist with enough business savvy to create these ventures for themselves. Normally, you get people who are so creative that all they can do is create. Then you have other people whose talents are to take advantage of talented people. They become really well-off, while the talented people go up, come down and end up on the street.” – 50 Cent (’60 Second Interview, Metro, 20 December 2005, p.10).

No comments:

Post a Comment