Monday 6 June 2016

Image


“I grew up before MTV. [chuckles] Just being honest with you. So, when I heard music, my whole visual thing in my own mind was created...[gives examples: Jimi Hendrix, The Velvet Underground and The Stooges]. Your thing, before MTV, was like woh! And only with the great songs you get that image. And, how you made it into your thing or a part of your thing, I don’t know. You just did. Then we got MTV and the image came first and then the music came. So you automatically were given the image. They knew what to do. It’s like a form of fascism. It’s like, they don’t shoot you anymore, they just starve you to death. It’s the same thing. They give you the image first just to kill you. They don’t even give you that image, that free image. So, anyway, I was lucky, as I say, before MTV, so I was able to have my own thing.” – Alan Vega (interviewed by Marc Hurtado, ‘Suicide Survivor,’ April 2011).

In the Illuminati-controlled music industry, artists have little or no say in the design of their album covers. They go for the androgynous Solar Child.
 
 
Recommended




No comments:

Post a Comment